Serving as a New Destiny Christian Center Security Specialist helps to ensure the church provides the safest possible environment for children and adults attending and serving during weekly services and special events.
The NDCC Security Specialist stands watch during services and at other critical times to ensure the safest possible environment is maintained. Incidents are confronted and addressed in an effective manner that minimizes disruption and harm to persons or property. Security team members are also expected to respond when needed in an emergency medical situation.
NDCC security team is on duty during weekend services as well as during special events as needed. The NDCC Security Specialist is asked to serve at least one Sunday one time per month. Individuals are also recruited as needed to staff a security team for special events. In addition to serving on the security team, each person will be asked to attend periodic training in the areas of security and emergency medical response. (Background check is required, must be a member)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain a watchful eye while making rounds, ensuring assigned area is properly patrolled and monitored.
2. Stay in walkie-talkie communication with other security personnel as well as logistics, usher, and tech team members at all times prepared to respond as needed.
3. Wear security badge at all times as proper "Church Security" identification.
4. Respond to medical and other emergencies according to established procedures.
5. Function as operational logistics person when needed by a children's classroom, adult worship, or other church staff or volunteer leader.
6. Manage traffic flow as guests drop off/pick up children and enter/exit the adult worship area.